Monday, January 08, 2007

More Etrade

After charging me high maintenance fees ETrade went even farther. They sold all of my securities that they could to pay for their maintenance fees. They tried to sell the last one too, but it was a dead stock. They sold off my stocks without notice. Without asking me to reconcile the account by paying the fees.

In spite of the fact that I find this policy and several of their other policies a poor treatment of their customers, this gave me the motivation to end my relationship with Etrade. After the sale that they executed without my consent and filing for a disposal of the worthless security I was able to close the account.

I had a lot of worthless things in my portfolio, but the thing I am most happy to be rid of is my relationship with ETrade.

No comments: