Friday, May 07, 2010

DJs

I was listening to103.5 The Arrow on the radio on the way in.  The song Eye of the Tiger by Survivor came on.  The DJs, John Carter and the Coach, talked over the beginning of the song as they are want to do, but the intro on Eye of the Tiger is arguably the best part of the song.

I usually expect them to talk about stuff they are promoting and for a couple of second to multi-task, but this felt like they were just intentionally drowning out the song.  They were saying nothing and it was like they were running out of things to say and kept extending it.  Eye of the Tiger has a pretty long intro and they talked over every second of it.

I talked to a coworker about it and they said this is an old DJ trick.  I realize that, but I wasn't sure in this case what they were accomplishing with the trick.

No comments: